Om TERRA Immersion
Yoga & Ecology
2019 dates TBA
Participate in the contemplative study of yoga and ecology. In this yogic lifestyle immersion program, we will bring awareness to our present condition to learn how to tap into a higher level of consciousness healing ourselves and our home, Planet Earth. Among vibrantly beautiful mountains and a pristine river, we practice and play, experiment and experience a wonderful, nourishing yoga vacation.
This Immersion is intended to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge. As such, if you are a yoga teacher interested in continuing your education, our experience optionally qualifies you to receive a 100-hour training. It is not mandatory and does not involve any other work or additional sessions.
Y O G A
Exploring the fundamentals of ASANA, the poses become accessible to us to practice every day. Om TERRA is a contemporary inquiry that interplays with traditional methods. Yoga is the technique to move inward to influence the change outward.
- Daily Master Classes with Marco
- Eco-Yoga: Posture Practices with Nature
- Living Yoga: Practical Applications of Yamas and Niyamas
- Pranayama in Action
- Sitting, Walking, and Work Meditation
- Being Yoga
- Karma Yoga: Yoga of Action
- Jnana Yoga: Yoga of Knowledge (Philosophy)
- Bkahti Yoga: Yoga of Devotion
E L E M E N T S O F N A T U R E
Metta Earth is surrounded by stunning mountains and many wild places to refresh body and soul. The headwaters of the New Haven River come from these same mountains with pure, vital pools and waterfalls to enjoy. Learn about ecopsychology and deep ecology, as rejuvenating philosophies and practices for reconnection with nature.
- EARTH pristine, nurtured terrain
- WATER river
- FIRE summertime
- AIR mountain prana
- SPACE 158 acres of lovingly tended land
- METAL mountain minerals
- WATER drinking from the source
- WOOD explore meadows, pastures, fields, forests, evergreens, and old orchards
- FIRE sun, ceremony, sun gazing
- EARTH eating from the land (organic, local, seasonal, biodynamic)
C O N S C I O U S V A C A T I O N
A vibrant summer destination, Vermont is one of the happiest and healthiest states. Invest in yourself and the practices of restoration, cleansing, detoxification, purification, and healing. The program offers ample opportunity to experience free time.
- Holistic Chinese Healing Treatment
- Nutritious Food: Balanced meals lovingly prepared drawing inspiration from various health food systems (Ayurveda, raw foods, SuperFoods, Chinese Medicine Theory)
- Conscious Hydration: pure water, house-brewed kombucha, wild crafted herbal tea, fresh juice, shakes
- River Dips
- Magnificent Mountain Meanderings
S U S T A I N A B L E Y O G A F A R M
80 percent of the food consumed by residents and guests is grown on Metta Earth’s land, using the most holistic agricultural methods. Savor luscious meals made from the bounty of the land and enjoy cheese from our heritage cows; feel the benefits of holistic permaculture growing methods.
- A Center for Contemplative Ecology
- Self sufficient: solar power, deep water well on site
- Witness the effects of rejuvenation of land and soil through animal care, carbon farming, rotational grazing, and holistic management
C O M M U N I T Y O F
P L A N E T L O V E R S:
O M T E R R A F R I E N D S
Leadership training is woven in to the journey, preparing you to take action to address the social and environmental challenges in your home community. Upon completion of Om TERRA, we offer continuing support to you.
- Community Sangha of Other Om TERRA Friends, Eco Yoga Leaders, Activists
- Interbeing of All Beings
- Quarterly Newsletter with Om TERRA Inspirations
- Follow up phone conversation with one teacher of your choice (30 minutes)
- Resources and Sourcing
- Ten percent discount to future Yoga Farm Vermont Retreat
- Fourteen nights shared accommodations in the main house, yurt, or camping.
- One acupuncture session with Sisa
- Organic & locally grown meals
- All Om Terra progam sessions
*Does not include transportation to Metta Earth.
*Shuttle Transportation from Burlington is $50 through our Prius door-to-door services or through Uber.
Cancellation Policy: Full payment is required to reserve your reservation for the program. You may receive a full refund minus a $45 processing fee up to one month prior to the program. Any cancellations after that are not eligible for a refund. If the student finds another participant to take his/her spot at the same cost, a refund may be available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Meals are vegetarian and lovingly prepared with seasonal, local and organic foods, much of our food comes from our own 3⁄4 acre organic garden and farmstead. Participants assist and have the opportunity to learn about harvesting, cooking, putting food by, and other aspects of organic, local food.
Options for sleeping accommodations include shared peaceful rooms in the main Metta Earth house, shared space in one of the yurts, or space to set up your own tent.
The Metta Earth main house provides bathrooms, laundry, phones, wireless internet, library, kitchen and dining facilities, and teaching, study, and practice space.
Register for the full Om Terra Immersion by selecting the button below:
If you are only able to participate in Om TERRA for one week, we are offering an option to attend one of the weeks.
Week 1 August 18-25 for $2625
Week 2 August 26-September 2 for $2625