Vermont: Yoga & Nature Retreat
Joelle Ng & Gillian Kapteyn Comstock
May 5 – 7, 2017
Spring is beckoning, begging us to be in nature! Break away from the noise and clutter of the city to take full advantage of the wonderful opportunity to practice yoga at an organic farm and retreat center. We invite you to join us for two days of yoga, incredibly delicious and healthy food grown on site, and natural immersion at Metta Earth Institute in the mountains near Lincoln, Vermont! During this weekend of powerful unwinding practices, immerse yourself in a mindful yoga practice that combines many elements. The blend of Hatha, Restorative and Yoga Nidra sessions will be a delightful, energetic recharge. Exchange your phones and tablets for sweet communications with sheep and cows, and detox from the incessant data streaming our way. Let go of your daily stresses and refresh yourself with new life stirring in the beauty of the mountains!
This retreat includes:
- 4 Yoga Classes
- 2 Nature meditation sessions
- 6 Delicious, organic meals sourced from Metta Earth Farm
- 2 Nights stay in shared accommodations – Metta Earth House, Yurts, or Camping
- Hugs with lambs, cats, trees
- Walks in the mountains, to the far fields, to the river
- The Metta Earth Farm Store – local, organic specialty purchases to bring home
- Two nights shared accommodations in the main house, yurt, or camping.
- Organic & locally grown meals (Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast, lunch, & dinner, Sunday breakfast & lunch)
- Daily morning and afternoon yoga asana classes
- All other program sessions
*Does not include transportation to Metta Earth.
Cancellation Policy: Full payment is required to reserve your reservation for the program. You may receive a full refund minus a $45 processing fee up to one month prior to the program. Any cancellations after that are not eligible for a refund. If the student finds another participant to take his/her spot at the same cost, a refund may be available. Please contact [email protected] for questions.
Meals are vegetarian and lovingly prepared with seasonal, local and organic foods, much of our food comes from our own 3⁄4 acre organic garden and farmstead. Participants assist and have the opportunity to learn about harvesting, cooking, putting food by, and other aspects of organic, local food.
Options for sleeping accommodations include shared peaceful rooms in the main Metta Earth house, shared space in one of the yurts, or space to set up your own tent.
The Metta Earth main house provides bathrooms, laundry, phones, wireless internet, library, kitchen and dining facilities, and teaching, study, and practice space.